Authoring Level 1 Certification
SNOMED CT authoring level 1 certification recognizes your competence in performing basic SNOMED CT authoring tasks. This certification will be a prerequisite for advancing to the Authoring Level 2 course and certification, and is valid for 3 years.
To achieve SNOMED CT authoring level 1 certification, you must pass the authoring level 1 certification exam. This exam includes a range of knowledge and skills-based activities to test your competence in SNOMED CT authoring (see authoring level 1 competencies). Please note:
- During the exam you will be required to complete tasks using the SNOMED International training authoring platform.
- Prior to using this platform, you must accept the authoring platform terms of usage.
- You will be given access to the training authoring platform for up to three weeks prior to the exam to practice your authoring.
- Videos will be provided to show you how to use the authoring functionality in the training platform.
- The certification exam will be electronically proctored to ensure that all students comply with the certification rules.
Before enrolling in the authoring level 1 certification exam:
For more information, please refer to the authoring level 1 certification guide (below).Please note:
- You must have passed the SNOMED CT foundation course (in any language)
- We recommend that you complete the SNOMED CT authoring level 1 course (Note: This course was designed to prepare you for the exam)
- Please consider the authoring level 1 competencies and decide whether or not you have the appropriate level of knowledge and skills to pass the exam.
- The Training Authoring Platform has recently been updated to support the authoring of stated axioms. To support students in transitioning to the new platform, a presentation titled 'Transitioning to Stated Axioms' is available below. This presentation describes the changes in functionality that axiom-based authoring has introduced to the authoring platform.
How Do I Enrol?
To enrol in the SNOMED CT Authoring Level 1 Certification Exam please login to the E-Learning Platform and click the button below.
- It is recommended that students complete the SNOMED CT Authoring Level 1 Course prior to enrolling in this exam.
- All students must successfully complete the SNOMED CT Foundation Course before enrolling.